Wednesday, June 18, 2014

HI FAMILY!!! This week has been so busy I have so much to write about.

How was Father's Day?! A family had us over for a BBQ last night and I wondered if that is what you were doing too. I hope you spoiled dad rotten!

You are literally the best family. Each time Sisters Johnson and Smith check the mail I basically get the most mail and that is a GOOD feeling because this is so hard and I miss home so much but I am trying to work hard to lose myself in the work. 

I NEED pictures of Jordan's wedding. Please go and send me lots of photos because I cannot believe I am missing J legs wedding. The same goes for Hayden's promotion and birthday and Jamie's graduation.

So two weeks ago we met an investigator named Nester. He held back laughter as I said a prayer in Spanish. Apparently he is an interpreter and translator, so he thought my Spanish was pretty hilarious. We have been teaching him and his two daughters and they came to church yesterday! He and his oldest daughter Zofia (10) are getting baptized. Anais is 7 and will likely get baptized next February. They are hilarious and so receptive and I am so grateful to have met them.

I have not seen Elder Swensen yet, sadly. And will not til our new pres gets here I assume but MOM I met Julia M. at a party at the Isles at BYU one of my last nights there. How random! I love that girl and would die happy to be her companion.

KK do you know Alyssa Smith from BYU nursing? I live with her and I love her and her cousin is Ryan Knect. Small world! He was your friend, right?

Meg: Sister Smith uses your perfume Tommy Boy and I teared up and died a little and decided I need to buy it next month because it made me so happy smelling your perfume.

So I was reading in my MTC devo journal that I should not let my mission pass me by. I need to taste the bitter and the sweet and that is what I am working on. It is so hard, but I am learning so much and recognizing so many blessings. I love this and the members. The ward mission leader, Brother Amyradakis is like my dad away from home. He is so thoughtful and takes such good care of us. And the Nipper family... Sist N reminds me of Lucero Smith and I die. I love our home ward.

I cannot remember if I told you that this ward is a zebra ward, so it is in Spanish and English. 50/50 and I love it. It helps my Spanish, which I NEED because like 80% of the people we meet here speak Spanish. I have met people from 15 different countries now. It is so cool!! I love the diversity. And I love Peruvian and Cuban food.

So let's talk about June 13. I pulled an Ally the night before and explained to the sisters that my half birthday was the next day and it's not like I was expecting a cake or anything, but I was. So I did not get cake, and my comp and I were planning for the next day, and in walk the two other sisters singing happy half birthday with A PACKAGE FROM THE BAKER FAMILY. I teared up because I knew it was going to be a good one and ohhhhhhh it was amazing. Party in a box. We all played with the treats and ate and goofed off for like 30 minutes and I felt like Shannon for a little and was so thrilled I could not sleep til like 11. The Bakers outdid themselves with a greenie package and I was proud to be a greenie there for that night. It is so humbling... the girls comment on how blessed and loved I must be. So thank you for all of the mail and the packages. My companion is a riot. I am learning lots about being low maintenance and it is exactly what I need.

I am so privileged to be serving and to have the support of so many wonderful people back home. Family... your letters are perfect and always exactly what I need. I am so happy to have forever with you all because I miss you tons and you are all so special. I miss being around people who know me so well and appreciate me. Soon enough I will be home!! But it is time for me to learn and grow and become the person the Lord wants me to be.

CON MUCHO AMOR!!!!
Hermana McCormick 

No comments:

Post a Comment