Monday, June 2, 2014

Hi Family!!!

Can you believe that I am in Florida? This place is great and I am taking to it... but I miss Mexico so much! I miss my CCM hermanas and everyone else I met there. But I am making friends here and I LOVE the two other sisters that share an apartment with us.

Mom! IT IS JUNE!! Another school year closing... how crazy. Jamie graduates in a few weeks and that is so exciting. I am so proud of her.

OKAY YOU ARE ALL THE BEST because I got to the hotel and had TEN LETTERS and ONE PACKAGE and it was awesome after no mail for 6 weeks and fam your letters cracked me up. Nothing changes... I miss your sense of humor... I love how much we joke around at home. And Gwen and Sylvia and other people who wrote me made my night. And today, I got your sweet package and mail!! Okay talk about heaven sent... I was just thinking today I needed to buy more stamps and develop photos but M and D have my back and that was exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

I am in Miami. Sometimes I feel like I am in Burn Notice. Lots of green trees and crazy driving... Ask me about my motion sickness.......strugs. We stayed in a hotel the first night (because transfers weren't until the next day) and I felt like a queen and I forgot what real life and relaxing are. It was the best.

So it is MANDATORY to work out 30 min a day and I AM IN HEAVEN and I run that treadmill hard and I pretend I am running main beach. Oh the things I took for granted. 

IS ELDER FISHER HOME oh my gosh crazy I think he is. How is he?!

People here are diverse....from all over, like Honduras, Nicaragua, Cuba, Peru, DR, the list goes on and on but I stick out like a sore thumb and people stare at me everywhere we go. I am such a gringa.

Our ward is the best. We have already been taken care of so well. We hardly even know these members, yet they feed us almost daily and treat us like family.

Gosh, I miss you all so much each day. Missionary work is HARD work but it builds my testimony. And, no matter if people accept our message or have us back or not, I meet cool people with amazing stories EACH DAY. I am so grateful to be here. Every single day, I notice a blessing in my life from the watch you bought me, to mom taking us to church each week. And I am not just grateful, but I am tremendously, deeply touched. I miss you all and I think of you all the time. I love your letters....you will never know how much they mean. I am so happy to be out here, doing the Lord's work. I love you all and miss you and if I do not write back to your email, I am going to try to fix the printer here so that I can print them and write you when I go back to my apartment! Which, dad....is very safe, I promise! I am in a safe part of Miami.

I love you all so much and I hope you all have the best week! 
Hermana McCormick




No comments:

Post a Comment