Sunday, May 25, 2014

Last week in Mexico City

So today I had 43 emails to read. It is such a great feeling to see people are thinking about me enough to send me an email. Means the world. But then I feel AWFUL when you all send me amazing emails and I send you like one line back. But I hope these emails make up for it.

First order of business, slipped and fell in the comedor this morning. Like BAD. On my hands and knees, toast flew, elders starred, the whole 9 yards. 

I cannot believe I leave tonight! I will call tomorrow morning on my layover in Texas. M and D you should have my flight info and times and not sure about time change but I will be calling you all!!

My blonde streaks are coming out more from running each day and that makes me so happy but also sad to miss lifeguarding.

So we had a GA here last night who is over all of Mexico and I was STOKED at how much Spanish I understood. Granted, it is a talk and not a convo, much easier to understand. 

Mom I am so happy to hear Elder Swensen has 14 committed to baptism!! Cannot wait to get out there.

So a story from the devo by Bednar:

A woman was divorced, and had one daughter. Bednar gets a call super late one night and the mom was calling him, as she had an ER nurse on another phone on another ear. She needed Bednar to go to his local hospital to ID 3 girls in a wreck. One was already dead and as she is talking to Bednar he can hear the nurse on the other phone tell her that it was her daughter who passed. This woman is so Christlike, she immediately says, we must inform the other mothers that their daughters are okay.

So then Bednar IDs all 3, and the mom feels bad because she knew her daughter looked bad so she invited Bednar to go to the funeral home to see her all made up to have a better last image of her.

THEN on her way to her daughter's funeral, she gets a call from an RS member. The mother is the pres. Some member chewed her out because she has a cold and has not received one meal. The mother makes a home cooked meal and delivers it on the way to the funeral. 

HOW CRAZY how she is so Christlike. When others look inward and have self pity, Christ looks outward. I loved this talk so much and that is what I am going to work so hard on. It helps when I get frustrated with others because just looking outward changes my mood.

I love you all so much and I love serving. Each day another fond memory of my childhood and our fam is brought to my mind. I am SO incredibly blessed with you all, and cannot wait to serve the people of Florida.
Thank you all for your emails!! I will miss Mexico dearly...really I love it here so much, but I am excited to get out to the field!

Mucho amor
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment