Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week 3...

So I got a bad virus this week... and as I slept the entire day away yesterday and the day before, I felt so lazy. Like went a little crazy. I say that I miss relaxing, yet I cannot even handle a sick day. WHY am I already a weird missionary (ps cannot get the question marks to work or the other end of the parentheses so that's cool(

How are you all oh my gosh we get to Skype this Sunday!!! I will log on around 345 my time so 145 your time right. It is 4 to 4{30 but we have a devo so we might head over to Skype early. I literally cannot wait.

This week has been amazing.... thanks to an article that Betsy Livingston sent me. So it is called the Fourth Missionary. Last time I read it, it did not mean much. But this week was HARD being homesick, so I read it and I feel like I am finally motivated to not just be here, but to work hard to be a great missionary. Then, I suggested that we read it as a district, and we are all changed. Like totally changed. I have to be the fourth missionary and forget my homesickness and that I am missing you all and the beach and go to work. Because no matter what, I am here for 18  months and I have to make the absolute best of it. So I am working on truly giving my all. My might and strength along with my heart and my mind. ALSO last night's devo by Elder Holland was history in the making. And I feel so blessed to have gotten it live, as a missionary in the MTC. It is amazingly motivational. He is so amazing and with the talk and his devo and we watched a devo Sunday that was by Elder Holland but a year and a half ago and I feel so uplifted. 

Funny story... I did not know that cita in Spanish was a romantic term, so each time I asked our MARRIED investigator for another appt... I was asking him out. Cool.

So with Mother's Day coming up my friends here have been talking a lot about their moms..... and wow I was blessed. Like seriously, so blessed. Mom you are the best. And dad you are the best too because remember when my poem won a garnet or some stone but when we went to pick it up, the necklace was extra money and you paid and that was so kind of you.

I have like 20 personal emails to respond to, so sorry this is a short one... but I am so glad to be here and have the support that I have. It is so humbling. I am becoming the person that I am supposed to be and learning so much about being Christlike from the hermanas around me. They are amazing to me whenever I miss home... and when I got that virus. That was bad but they got me Gatorade and took my temp. and it was wonderful.

Love you all CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR FACES SUNDAY apologizing in advance for most likely crying the whole time. I just cannot wait.

Love you!
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment