Sunday, May 18, 2014

So I just ate lunch and this whole morning we were driving around the lovely Ciudad de Mexico and I fell in love. We got to go to the Visitors Center and see the temple. It was amazing and all I wanted to do was get out and tract and talk to people. I saw so many stray dogs and Jake you are wrong they do look cute!! Till we got too close then I saw how sad and homeless they look and I just wanted to take them back home and get them well but don't worry dad I am not going to ´try and save the world´. I saw people sweeping with literally twigs tied onto a stick. I just wanted to go to Costco and get them some brooms. I am so sheltered!!! I want to visit here post mish. Mom or anyone else with me?

This week has been great.... and rough. I am continuing to learn a lot and I love getting better at Spanish and being able to focus more on becoming a better missionary. We had a fireside by Elder Perry last night... it was live and I got so excited thinking Sister Wells is going in today!!! Yikes. Gives me anxiety just thinking of saying good bye and I am so glad I have that overwith.

So skyping on Mothers' Day was a DREAM so amazing. Sorry I talked the whole time. I felt awful after because I loved seeing you all but wanted to hear more from you. Gosh that was emotional but motivated me to do better that way I have no regrets when I see you because I will be home soon enough. I am so grateful to have this opportunity now and am learning how to live more in the moment. Yes, Al...I am working on my FOMO.

Side note, did my laptop get to KK?

There have been a ton of earthquakes here. People here FREAK OUT and it stresses me out. But there have been so many in such a short span of time that the first presidency sent an email to all of the stakes in Mexico to get a 2 day supply of food ready. Could get interesting. But do not worry m and d because this place is protected I know it. 

My favorite time here is meal time probably because I get to socialize and you guys can probably imagine I miss that. AND the fruit here is so sweet and I love it.

I have quite a few pictures coming your way after I finish checking my email #pop #stressed 

Hearing your voices Sunday meant the world to me. I miss Al and dad cracking jokes and mom sticking up for me.....cough cough puppy joke.....told my district and they want to meet you, dad. I really appreciate your support more than you know. I think of you all CONSTANTLY and cannot wait to call you on May 27. Texas can't come soon enough! I will take full advantage of my layover.

I love you all and mom's cooking more than I can put into words. But I am learning so much and I KNOW this is where I am supposed to be. I am understanding more every day who Christ is and why we are on this Earth. I am so grateful this week for the deeper knowledge of and appreciation for the prophet and his apostles. It is crazy how blessed we are to have direction in our lives. 

MUCHO AMOR
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment