Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 8, 2015

Hello Everyone!

Both of our investigators were baptized on Sunday! It was a beautiful service filled with the Spirit. The mom of one of them bore her testimony and said that each prayer that she said morning and night for years had been answered when her son got baptized. I will never forget that testimony. When he came out of the waters of baptism, he explained that he literally felt a weight lifted off of his shoulders. I know this work is true.

Right now we are sacrificing and sanctifying ourselves to find our elect family that we will baptize. We know they are out there, and I love being unified with my companion on our focus and desire to find them. Makes the work far more enjoyable and gives me more confidence that the Lord will lead them to us.

Sister Edwards is still killing it. This week, I was impressed as I realized that she never complains or has anything negative to say. That makes this work far easier so I am working on becoming more like her. It was an incredible blessing to have found both of our investigators together, and to have been able to see both of them enter into the waters of baptism. 

12 week is going well. We study and role play together and we learn together... I really truly do not feel like I am training her. She is exactly obedient...always. It is the best! She and I are completely unified in enjoying each hour of the day and keeping our minds and conversations focused on our Savior and our missions. She is the best companion to finish my mission with. I love her with my whole heart!

Alma 26 is officially my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. It puts my thoughts regarding my mission into words:

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

This verse may be my favorite in all of the Book of Mormon. I truly cannot glory too much in God for giving me this precious mission experience. Words will never do it justice. 

I feel like I am starting to finally understand missionary work. The baptism was celestial. Just the opportunity to see two very dear friends be baptized was beyond description, thanks to the Lord.

I love this work! I love my Savior! And I love these 5 weeks that I have to represent the Lord Jesus Christ and bring others into the waters of baptism.

Con amor,
Hermana McCormick


No comments:

Post a Comment