Saturday, September 5, 2015

August 17, 2015

HELLO! This week was another week in paradise. 

We are not working with as many people as we would like, but no complaints here because the two solid investigators we have are going to be solid members for life.

First investigator: reading and praying and coming to church. He has been taught almost everything. He is very receptive and is preparing for an August 29th baptism.

Second investigator: he is actually our MIRACLE for the week. We finished a meal with a member and the elders. Walked out and our next appt. fell through. After much prayer and thought, we went to the Rojas' (they also live in that complex), asked which other members lived there, referred us to a less active member. We invited him to come with us and off we went. The active mother opened the door and we went in to teach the less active husband and son and found a nonmember adult son. He explained that he had had the charlas seven times and he knew everything and did not want to be baptized. Something within me sparked and I looked at him and thought to myself, "we are going to change that." We shared the restoration. Most spiritual and powerful lesson on the restoration of my mission. The room was unusually warm and bright; the spirit was there. His mom (in her 60s) would answer each time we would ask him about baptism. She answered that he has been to church so many times on and off for the past few years but won't be baptized. I looked at him and said, "but what do YOU think?" He got choked up and said he needed to be baptized. When we left, he followed us out and fought back tears as he explained that he had felt un abrazo around him during the closing prayer. We testified that we prayed so earnestly to know where God needed us that night and we knew God sent us to him because it is his time. He began to weep and responded, "I know. I know it's my time." What a sight….this wonderful man weeping in front of us because the spirit had pierced his soul. I love this work. We have an appointment with him tonight and we are so excited to share the next lesson. Our lesson was edifying for all involved and we absolutely know that he is elect. His mom came up to us and basically fist pumped and hugged us and gave us besitos, she was so thrilled he is deciding to follow His Savior.

People here are so prepared, especially the ones on the street. Between us and the elders, I think we had 7-8 people at church yesterday just from OYMing. 

Sister Edwards is such an example to me and never, EVER complains or says anything negative. She is so kind and is always putting my needs first. She is "that great companion." I love her and learn from her constantly.

I am doing well and time is fleeting and not much I can do except work my guts out. Baptizing has never been such a NEED before. It has always been a need on my mission and all I think about, but now I feel different desires to baptize. I only get to wear this nametag for a little more than a transfer and I am just soaking it all up and exhorting everyone with my whole soul to learn more. I am the happiest I have ever been. I treasure each hour of the day. I am learning more about God's love and life has never been so full of beauty. This area is sacred ground to me! My mission is my most prized possession. 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT AND EMAILS AND I LOVE YOU ALL AND I KNOW CHRIST LOVES US. He goes before us, He is our pattern and friend. Look up "The Power of God's Love" GC talk. It will change you!

Con amor,

Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment