Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 4, 2015

Pines is baptizing this Saturday!! This ward deserves to grow. It is a humbling experience watching the Lord bless this righteous ward. Sister Hunter (new companion, has two transfers left, from Manteca, CA., really fun and chill) and I are on the same page and I love it. The very first lesson we taught, we were already teaching in unity. I think that we were raised in a similar way, we have the same goal of obedience and diligence, and we love being accountable to the Lord. I am eager to learn a lot from her kind example.

Our area is being BLESSED. I know that I say that we see miracles every week, but I mean it! The Elders’ Quorum president went out teaching with us. He taught at the Provo MTC for two years so it was basically like teaching in a wonderful trio. We went into EQ yesterday got members just from there to go out with us EACH DAY THIS WEEK! We will be able to get at least 2 members out with us a day with RS. Hilarious moment... Brother I. (EQ President) was taking names down to go out with us and the second volunteer: none other than one who is getting baptized on Saturday! He told just about everyone about his baptism this Saturday... in fact, he beat us to telling the leadership. He is owning his baptismal date and accepting all of the lessons. I am so thrilled to see him progress this week and after baptism. He will be a wonderful member missionary.

We are also teaching a wonderful 17 year-old media referral. He is so smart and it’s always so enjoyable teaching him.

Testimony meeting was wonderful and something that stuck out was something that a member said that Elder (at the time) Eyring said when he visited his mission:

"You have two years to serve the Lord. You have the rest of your life to remember how you did it."

That hit home and gives me even more motivation to leave my everything out here in the mission field. I am positive that each personal study gets shorter and shorter each day. It kills me. There is never enough time to get to everything I want. However, I am so grateful for Sister Trebotich's example. I read the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes, and then I am in PMG for the rest of the time. The lessons/activities/references... all of it keep me busy for the rest of personal study and I am seeing in my study journal that I am getting way more out of it. I was studying in Mosiah this week and it reminded me of the conference talk "which way do you face?"

Mosiah 17:

 11 And now king Noah was about to release him, for he feared his word; for he feared that the judgments of God would come upon him.
 12 But the priests‍ lifted up their voices against him, and began to accuse him, saying: He has reviled the king. Therefore the king was stirred up in anger‍ against him, and he delivered him up that he might be slain.

So King Noah was so close to choosing the right. He was facing God for a moment, then he faced man as the priests chimed in. This reminds me that we have to face God always. I see cases of members becoming less active. This kills me because it all comes down to fearing God more than man. If we do, we will never go astray. If we are not doing the little things each day to strengthen our testimony and to be a righteous influence and example, we are putting ourselves at risk of losing that testimony. Sounds dramatic, but after a year in the mission field I am seeing that's exactly how it is.

On a happier note, we will be Skyping for a whopping FORTY MINUTES this Sunday. It will likely be around 12:30-1pm YOUR time. So like 3:30ish my time. Excited to see you all!

Transfers were rough saying good bye to Sister T. but Sister Hunter is wonderful and I love how inspired each companionship is. I just look at them and think, "What do you have to teach me?" Because in reality, if we let them, they can change us to become more like the Savior forever.

ALL MY LOVE,
Hermana McCormick


Hymn 266: the time is far spent - my favorite hymn to read as a missionary during sacrament. it really resonates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment