Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 11, 2015

It was so fun to see you on Mother's Day, family!! Skyping was great. Kind of nuts to see how big the boys are and how long Al's hair is and that Katie is really actually married and living in Utah. When did this all happen?! Our life has changed so much.

It was so neat to see the grandparents. They all look so good and it made my heart full that grandpa remembered me and looked so happy.

SORRY I AM A WEIRDO sad realization yesterday when I asked Al, Tim, and Hayden if they invited their friends to church and they looked at me like I am a crazy person and being called Shannon was the strangest/coolest thing. I have zero attachment to that name but it was kind of fun stepping back into that realm for a minute. YOU ALL LOOK SO GOOD AND HAPPY AND AL WAS BAKING MY FAVORITE THINGS. Looks like life is goooooood. Also: German Shepard absolutely! Get whatever the whole family wants whenever you want. No need to wait for me, for real. I am happy if you are all happy and if that means having a dog over summer then do it!!

Onto PINES:
Our investigator, Sacarius, was baptized on Saturday! We had a great turnout from the ward. He bore his testimony after his baptism and explained that with the gospel, he has a new peace in his life that he has never had before. It was a neat moment for me... for so long we have been striving to help him to feel the spirit, and then at his baptism, it was his words that were making me feel the spirit. He is changed because of the atonement. He came out knocking with us two days before his baptism, he is signed up to help the ward move someone this Saturday, and he is just plain happy. His mom came to the baptism and was crying the whole time. Thelma really felt the spirit and accepted our invitation to have North Miami Shores sisters go and teach her and Sacarius' younger sister.
This week we were contacted to teach an inactive member who also wants her family to know more. So we are enjoying teaching them.

We have an investigator who understands that the blessings God has for him will be stronger than anything he can find in life. He is learning more each time we teach him and is preparing for baptism soon. Will keep you posted.

Mission Conference was phenomenal! I loved how it was all about sacrifice, obedience, and going the extra mile. That is what we are here to do! Each day we should be collapsing into bed from "delightful exhaustion." That is the only way to use the Lord's time to the best of our ability and serve His children in the ways He needs us to.

Breaking news: treason............................. maybe I have found a place that MAYBE might rival In N out.... it is called BurgerFi. Fasting growing restaurant in the US. Look it up, I bet they have one in LA. Dad would looooove it. And so would grandpa.

Mosiah 26: 20-24
 20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
 21 And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.
 22 For behold, this is my church; whosoever is baptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall believe in my name; and him will I freely forgive.
 23 For it is I that taketh upon me the sins‍ of the world; for it is I that hath created‍ them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.
 24 For behold, in my name are they called; and if they know‍ me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand.

Pretty awesome missionary scripture. Also, study "ministry" and "miracle" in the Bible Dictionary. Some of my highlights from Personal Study this week. And I hope you all study Preach My Gospel along with your scriptures... hint hint do it! It is inspired of God. I know it.

All my love,
Hermana McCormick

P.S. One of my favorite things to do is get ready while listening to a general conference talk. Try it! It definitely puts a different spirit to the day. Dad, you should listen to that one about technology that you liked so much from this year's GC!



No comments:

Post a Comment