Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 26, 2015

I am in love with Pines!!! I know I keep saying this, but really if it is the Lord's will, I will continue to give my all to Pines and die here in October. The work is seriously hastening. There are three upcoming baptisms.

IT IS MANGO SEASON AND I AM IN HEAVEN. The Hollywood house has a mango tree so you bet we brought a huge bag back after we exchanged with them this past weekend.

One of our best investigators came to church and we had an awesome member teach him with us. At the end of the lesson, after trying to set him with a baptismal date...it was not going to happen. He is dealing with family members who are not supportive about him getting baptized. He knows he wants to be baptized and is hoping this will work out.

Another investigator we are teaching is struggling a tiny bit with Joseph Smith. But then he found himself in a situation where he was defending his beliefs about JS. Way cool. He admitted that he feels that he needs to be baptized already. So we took an awesome member to teach him with us and he committed to baptism. Sunday, he came and told us that his friends in Arizona want him to wait till October when he gets back so they can see it. He told us that he told his friends that he will wait, but confessed to us that he might just do it sooner. He sees the need for the gift of the Holy Ghost now. He is going to tell us today how his prayer went as far as a baptismal date. He is so solid! I feel completely humbled and blessed to be able to teach him. 

We are teaching a family who is coming back to church. We taught the restoration to one of their friends a few days ago, then all about the Book of Mormon last night and he accepted baptism. He is so prepared he literally accepts everything without batting an eye.

Highlights of the week:

Monday: had a Family Home Evening with a very nice family
Tuesday: happy day I got a package with Trader Joe’s treats and TEN DOLLARS you rock! I loved those letters more than you know!
Wednesday: special zone training... so inspired and so good to see my other missionary friends AND MY BYU BFFS SENT ME A PACKAGE with dried fruit and trail mix and LETTERS and body wash and I was on cloud 9. Two packages in two days I am spoooooiled
Thursday: biked all day and talked with lots of people
Friday: exchanged with Hollywood north! Went with Sister Smith and Sister Morrow took my place in Pines. It was crazy fun to be back in HollyHood!! Fun to be back in the neighborhood and did not want to leave.
Saturday: half our zone packed and moved a family into the ward next to us. 6 hours later, ate a quick bite and biked the rest of the day 
Sunday: Sis. Ordonez (one of my favorite members to take out teaching) referred us to her friends. We went back and shared the lesson of the restoration with this family of 4 last night. Member referrals are the best!

WE BIKE ALL OF THE TIME AND EAT MANGOS AND I LOVE LIFE IN PINES

I was studying in Alma 12 this week and I love using the footnotes to look in the New Testament and Doctrine & Covenants. The scriptures are constantly teaching me. I love Alma 12:29-30:

 29 Therefore he sent angels to converse with them, who caused men to behold of his glory.

 30 And they began from that time forth to call on his name; therefore God conversed with men, and made known unto them the plan of redemption, which had been prepared from the foundation of the world; and this he made known unto them according to their faith and repentance and their holy works.

We were blessed to be able to teach the restoration a lot this week and I realized that it is an incredible blessing that God spoke to us in ancient days and still speaks now. The Lord will always send us angels and now they are seen and unseen. I know that by the spirit we are led. We have the third member of the Godhead to reveal what God needs us personally to know. 

Keep reading your scriptures and share with me what you learn please!
I love you all!

Hermana McCormick




No comments:

Post a Comment