Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 20, 2015

I have never been so in love with an area. I love Pines!!! This ward is giving us so much love and support. The sacrament talks yesterday were all on moral relativism (actually based off of an article published in the NY Times, super interesting) and Bishop Rampton is inspired. One of our investigators aid that he has been a "spiritual tourist" for so long, but he is ready to commit to this church because he knows without a doubt that it is the right decision for him.

I like what I read in Mosiah 2:

 23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
 24 And secondly, he doth require‍ that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless‍ you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?

This makes me realize that we really should just serve full-time missions forever. But God doesn't even ask for that! So really, there is no excuse for not rendering service and doing missionary work for the rest of our lives. God is so merciful to us.

Tender moment.....on Saturday night we went to visit a family in the ward to receive referrals and they were all running around like crazy children do and it reminded me of our house growing up….happy and crazy because we were too busy enjoying our time together....anyway they rounded up and did the cutest family scripture study with us. Each child had a "day" like we did growing up, except they had the person begin reading and pray. Anyway, Brother Stringham asked Sister Trebotich the best thing she has learned on her mission. He then asked me why I decided to serve. Such a spiritual moment when I reflected on the moment I think I realized I needed to serve: Kate Saylin's farewell, she said she heard someone say that they could not imagine standing before our Father in Heaven and our Savior on judgment day and not being able to say that she did everything she could to further their work here on the earth. That is why I am here, and I am loving each day here.

HAPPY ONE YEAR AND 1.5 YEARS TO US! We celebrated with sushi and it was wonderful. The place even gave us a thai donut thing. So fun.

We had a full day exchange with Lauderhill (woot woot old stomping grounds...always fun to work my old areas) and we blitzed it in a new Tampa style. We actually both went to their area and helped them work it because they are having trouble finding. Anyway it was way fun because our stake did a 'mini missionary weekend" so there were 2 mini missionaries, the 4 sisters, plus us. We had an awesome sleepover....all 8 of us slept in the living room. Felt like college.

We got 3 AMAZING referrals from the RS president's family yesterday.... two of which had already been taught. And one of them actually had a baptismal program scheduled but the parent pulled out last minute and told the teenager to wait until she is 18. We are excited to see if the Lord has further prepared them.
  
I LOVE THIS WARD TOO MUCH! Would love to stay here for a long, long time.

Happy finals Al and training to Tim. Oops, did both of those already pass? Can't remember.

I love you more than my heart can fit!!!!!

Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment