Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 13


HOLA FAMILIA…..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAMIE!!!

Things are going well in Pines. We are getting to know the members of the ward; they actually ask us if they can come out with us now. One of our members is preparing for baptism on the 25th. He has a very strong testimony of the church and we are excited to watch him prepare for this experience.

I found a profound scripture in the Book of Enos this week. It reads:
 3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.

I realized that one of the starting points of Enos' conversion was due to the joy of the saints. Not only should we have joy in this work day to day, but everyone that we come in contact with needs to see this joy on our faces. We have the gospel, we know of our divine potential. If our words cannot penetrate their heart, at least their memories of happy missionaries will stick with them. I know that our happiness is a powerful tool that we must use in this work. This is the Lord's work. If we are not having fun, we are doing something wrong.

One of our investigators called us on Saturday night and told us family members don’t want him attending church. So we were bummed, but then very happy to see him when he showed up at church the next day!

Our next appointment was a baptism, so we stopped to use our bathroom and get water and wash up and Sister T checked the mail, and sure enough... a letter from mom. I do not read mail until the end of the night, but after a disappointing experience from earlier in the day, it was the most tender mercy of my mission finding a letter from mom. We are so far away from each other, but funny how moms always help at just the right time.

We are teaching the returning member/part member family. The family who OYM'd us...they came to church and they loved it. They are looking for peace and standards and have been so humbled. Cue the missionaries......God works in amazing ways. One of our investigators is fascinated with eternal families, so we are taking them on a temple tour this Tuesday! Each temple tour I have gone on has resulted in the person becoming so converted they end up getting baptized, so basically this is the perfect tool! They feel the spirit the strongest at the temple. I love it.

We exchanged lots this week. It is fun having two of my old areas in my sisterhood because I love working them because it feels like I am traveling back in time. Haha... but really. It is fun to reflect on how much time has passed, how my testimony has grown, and how since that time, God has blessed me even more than I deserved/imagined.

Coming up on a year is a trip. As much as I love my family and friends, I love the Lord more. I love His work. I love what I am doing. Coming home from my mission is a part of life, but I love working my guts out each day because when I think of the plane ride home, I need to know that I left it all out here. The spiritual growth happens so rapidly here, I must utilize each day. Elder Wagstaff gave me the best advice when I got my mission call: 

"change every day"

I hope and pray each morning that I can come to know my Savior more personally, and use His atonement. I have discovered that having one specific prayer each day (one at least) to repent is a wonderful way to reflect and repent. It has helped me to feel the spirit more in my life, and see where I am falling short. Trying again is a wonderful thing!

I love you all! My heart grows even more full of gratitude for you all each day! I love you. Thank you for your examples. ALSO this week was awesome m and d I got 2 packages from you!!! With the best letters. I see Hayden added to his original 2 liner. I can imagine what happened: "Hayden write more for your sister she does not want to just read two sentences." And so he so delicately crosses out his sign off and continues writing. Classic.

Also best of luck on finals, Al. And Tim: go kill it at training!

ALL MY LOVE
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment