Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 5, 2015

Hi Family!

We have had another productive week in Lauderhill. The highlight of this week had to be taking our RC (of 1 week) out teaching with us. He bore a testimony I did not even know he had. We went and taught a part member family and RC Robert was incredibly attentive and helpful. That was the best part of the week, and probably the best moment of my mission. Robert and his kids have my heart. We labored with the Lord to help them come unto our Savior and seeing Robert bear his testimony to Carlos brought me incredible joy. I couldn't help but think, "This is how it is supposed to be." We are supposed to teach, strengthen, baptize, and then enlist our recent converts in the work. I feel blessed to be able to see the drastic change and improvement in Robert's life thanks to the gospel.

Our area is progressing well. Our investigators came to church, which was awesome. Throughout my mission, I have developed a love for "creating success." I am a firm believer that what we put our mind to can be achieved through hard work. The Lord gives me the opportunity to refine my character and obtain Christlike attributes. I love how in the GC talk, "Approaching the Throne of God With Confidence" it illustrates that when a trial comes, we must square our shoulders, look to God and say, "I know what this is, a time to prove myself?" And then labor with the Savior to come out stronger. The Lord wants us to come even closer to Him. I am learning that this process is a blessing because it has no end.

This week was amazing. It never ceases to amaze me to see the timing of when I get awesome mail. The hardest day this week I came home to a package from M and D, a package from the Murrays, and a letter from Meg. Those two things brought tears to my eyes. Meg is loving the work and it just fills me with so much joy to see her change and become an even better person. And additionally, M HIT THE JACKPOT and sent me two of the cutest skirts and the cutest J. Crew top to ever exist. I cannot explain how grateful I am. I cannot tell you how amazing it is to have smaller clothes that actually stay up on my hips I LOVE YOU, M! And D, coming in clutch with the oatmeal and dried fruit as usual. The sisters I live with may think I am off my rocker for tearing up over TJ's goodies. It is what it is. I just love that food and feeling that love and support from so far away.... nothing like it. Brandi sent me the most adorable Christmas card, a blanket and some money. Ohhhhh my I feel so blessed. I cannot explain how humbling it is to receive not only mail, but packages. And not just packages, but AMAZING packages. And people said it would stop at 6 months... no way my family and friends are the best.

I hope that you all had an amazing Fast Sunday yesterday. I love taking the sacrament. It has never felt so special in my entire life. I love how my testimony and love for my Savior grows each day. I am grateful for the world that we live in. It is beautiful and perfect just for us. I am grateful to have a healthy body that can run fast and walk and stand and walk some more to preach the gospel. I am grateful for my family and for the security and joy they bring me. The harder I work and the longer I serve, the closer I feel to them.

I love you all... thank you for your support. And if you still read to the bottom of my long, boring emails... thanks for your dedication (for real because I know the longer I am out, the less funny and the more spiritual they become. Sorry not sorry).


Love, Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment