Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 12, 2015

Hello Familia!

We have been so incredibly blessed this week. I know that I say that often. But I mean it this week! We have had quite the trial of our faith this week. We were working the hardest yet, and being the most diligent and the most focused... and for the majority of the week, our numbers absolutely did not reflect that. However, our faith did not shrink, and last night we were blessed to find TWO families. This gave us 5 new investigators. In just one harvest... we are on cloud 9. 

Times like these always try my faith and help me to stretch myself and grow closer to my Father in Heaven. We are always being blessed for our obedience and diligence. Sometimes... often times... these blessings will not be immediately manifested by numbers of baptisms. However, we are always blessed. I know that. I know that this week, I was pushed even further as far as my faith to endure could take me. 

I know that our blessings this week came as we found even more joy in the success we had. I am grateful that I am at the point in my mission where I love meeting a cool family and immediately planning which members will fellowship them first, when we can go back, what we will teach, and seeing them in white. It took me some time to get to this point, but I know that I genuinely feel joy traveling from one appointment to the next and focusing on my task at hand.

We thoroughly enjoyed Elder Zwick's training and did not hesitate in applying it. We are getting more members to accompany us in order to teach our prospective elders the importance of the priesthood.  I love how we learned that the Lord can expand our capacity beyond what we think is possible... and He WILL. That is amazing to me. Especially now in this mission; the expectations are being heightened. We are going to continue to baptize continually, as well as reactivate and help more of our prospective elders receive the priesthood. What an amazing promise that we have from a General Authority that our capacities will expand. I am excited to pack even more service into the coming months. This is an amazing time to be a missionary... the work really is hastening. Things are moving fast, as are the efforts to bring about good. The social media is "sweeping the earth as if a flood" and I am so thrilled to be a full-time missionary and preach truth each day.

Two families we met last night:

First one, totally stopped all that they were doing and chatted with us, prayed with us, and listened to us for like 15 minutes. We are going back tomorrow with a member and we are so excited! They are definitely going to progress towards baptism. They said yes and they even understand the need for this baptism. Amazing.

Second one, probably the most polite family I have met in a while. From El Salvador and super open and thanking us nonstop for our time. We were thinking, ‘no thank YOU for your time!’ Love them already.

Cool things from Elder Zwick's special conference:

-He and his wife are so amazing I literally felt like we were at our own personal General Conference, minus the teleprompter. Man they spoke SO WELL.
-I want to be like Sister Zwick someday. So spiritual and classy.
-They are the parents of Darren Zwick from our homeward (they moved to Utah a few years back, but remember Courtney and their cute family?)
-D&C 127:4 is my new fave scripture
-We are to focus more on the ward, less actives, and basically everyone AND baptizing. Good thing he promised that the Lord will expand our capacity... because I know He will and this is exciting because now I can squeeze every drop out of my mission. Same amount of time, but way more work. Not sure how... but again, the Lord will expand our capacity.

Random things:

-Dad's Crab Cooker card made my day. What made my day even more is that Sister Morrow is as obsessed with Newport as I am. It is her family’s FAVORITE vacation spot and she has been to the Crab Cooker. Nothing like a good note from dad after a looonnng day
-We both love running so much we are taking run #2 of the day after this. Woot woot.
-I got some really amazing veggies at the store and am stoked to prep them all after our run. I cut everything up and put it in tupperware and the sisters make fun of me but I know they are secretly jealous of my over the top organization.
-I spoke in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. all. in. Spanish. I was terrified but the gift of tongues is so real because it was an easy 20 minutes and I threw down about how member food is awesome, but the real support we need is in LESSONS and referrals. And what do you know, we already have members signed up to come out EACH DAY this week. Hoorah for the members’ support of our work!

Life is good. I love you all so much. Read that D&C scripture please you will love it. Also, I have been studying the New Testament more and I love how much my testimony is growing of Christ's divine ministry. I have so much love for my Savior. I love how in this gospel, we are never stagnant. We are always learning and growing closer to our Savior. I love my mission oh myyyyy!


I love you all more than oatmeal and running.
xo
Hermana McCormick



No comments:

Post a Comment