Sunday, November 9, 2014

November 3, 2014

Hey Fam and Friends!

Transfer calls are this Sunday night! Usually on Monday, and then we have P day on Tuesday, but this week will be normal because for the first time ever transfers will be on a Tuesday because President has a meeting in Salt Lake (I believe) on Wednesday. Wonder where I will go. I pray to stay here... I love Hollywood!

This week was almost a week of standards. We missed it by 1 I@S, which was really sad. Okay straight up devastating to be honest. It is SO hard to hit standards. Probably 1-3 companionships do it a week (mission wide) I bet. We did almost everything we could, but obviously there is more to be done. We will find out what that is so that we can hit standards next week. We have to!

We are teaching a miracle family. Truly, we are blessed to have run right into them. They are progressing so well. This family teaching situation is going exactly how teaching is supposed to go. They were fellowshipped at Stake Conference, two days after we met them. We are able to bring members to almost every lesson. At first, they asked a lot of questions, but now they recognize that those outlandish, difficult-to-answer questions are not as important as that peace one can find through prayer and reading the scriptures. They understand that answers will come. They arrived late to Sacrament Meeting, but we explained that they could go to another sacrament meeting (Nova YSA in Plantation) at 2:00p.m. You did not have to ask twice. They were on their way! We taught them last night (the restoration) and they are preparing for their baptism. Nothing will stop them. I am so thrilled to be able to see them enter into the baptismal covenant next Sunday

Hollywood North is probably the best area in the mission. I do not understand how we are having so much success. This area is so special to me because we are able to see the fruits of our labor so quickly. Sister Gardner and I are so unified, we are literally always thinking the same thing. We can trust each other in lessons (switching off every 2-3 sentences) to pick up where the other left off. It never, ever fails. I feel like our time could be coming to a close because teaching with her is pure joy.

I got to read my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon today: Moroni 7. Oh my goodness I could underline and highlight this whole chapter. I love how if we are charitable, we cannot fail. Charity is success, therefore, when we are built upon charity, we cannot fail. I am learning on my mission that serving with a withholding heart is the same as not even serving at all. Serving a mission but thinking about what is going on back home and telling yourself that you will just be happy when you return home is serving in vain. Heavenly Father does not count that as service, nor can He have you to change while you are in that mindset. He will never take our agency, and that is why it is so important to hand ourselves over to him to change. Like the Fourth Missionary, we can make "a stroke, but He can make a masterpiece." And that is done through trials, prayer, humility, etc. I just love how much I am learning each week, and each day, on my mission. This time is such a blessing. I am having a hard time comprehending why I am so blessed.

We also had a RC (recent convert) lesson in President Hoopes' home. He is a member of our mission presidency. We taught the Plan of Salvation to a woman who joined the church almost a year ago. He and his family were there around the dinner table. He served in Barcelona and was comps with Jeff Matsen Jr. Small world.

The ward had an adorable Trunk-or-Treat on Tuesday and one of our investigator families was able to meet a lot of people. They loved it. 

Mom how was your birthday?! I thought of you all day. Did you have Susie Cakes or go to the beach? ALSO I GOT TWO LETTERS FROM YOU THIS WEEK. Those were the best. Loved your Spanish! I only could not understand one word. Everything else I got. That was a first! I remember when I could not understand your Spanish. 

Also, ALLYCAT oh my thank you so much for taking the time to write me. It meant so much to me. I love you.

I hope that you all enjoy this week. I know we will. The temps are dropping to the 70s and we are actually chilly! My blood is so used to hot weather. You should ask Denise Baker or Sis Livingston about a thankful tree and make one :) Sis L. has the Hollywood House covered, and Denise got us one at BYU last year. You should make one for home!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Can you believe I am nearing my 7 month mark? Nuts. Time needs to slow down.

Love,
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment