Sunday, November 16, 2014

November 10, 2014

This week was the best yet. The hardest of my mission....maybe of my life... but our hard work paid off.

First things first. I am getting transferred. FYI not common. This is Heavenly Father helping me deal with change and patience and an opportunity to be better with that. Also, the office called me LAST TUESDAY telling me that they had a package from Brandi Murray. They said President would bring it to Zone Training on Wednesday, because he was supposed to come. Then he didn't. And I have been waiting an extra week. This is another fun lesson I am learning. Patience. 

The family we've been teaching most recently got baptized yesterday! There has been so much opposition for them, but they know it is bringing them happiness in ways they never had. The neat thing is that the children will be baptized soon by their father as he just received the priesthood. The ward has helped in so many ways to fellowship this family. 

The work in this area could not be better. Sister Gardner and I have been striving for standards for 12 weeks. We did not hit it. But we learned this week, we did not come on our missions to hit KIs. We came to baptize. KIs are the means, not the end. And we were able to baptize two families together. If we didn't hit each number perfectly, that should not affect the joy that we have for two more eternal families in the Celestial Kingdom.

This week, I felt a true miracle because of a comp study that we had. I am nervous to go home from my mission and pick up a bad habit. I want to be the RM that goes to the temple weekly, balances academics, my calling, dating, fitness etc. I want to read GC talks and books by apostles and serve consistently. Our comp study completely calmed that fear. I am so grateful that the gospel continues to teach us. I learn more than I expect with each personal study. That is incredible to me. There is so much to be thankful for in life, but even more to be thankful for in this work. As we lose ourselves, we learn so much. Our ways become His ways. I am so blessed to have had 3 months in Hollywood. I am torn to leave; I will miss this amazing area, but I know that I will go exactly where the Lord needs me next. Those words are loaded to me.... honestly I have learned how incredibly inspired this work is. With companions, areas, wards, investigators. Everything. It is all designed so perfectly by our Heavenly Father.

Thank you for all you do for me and who you are. I am so grateful for things that each of you have taught me. I love my mission. It is so precious to me and I am not even at 7 months yet.

PS finished the BOM. Moroni 7 is officially my favorite chapter ever.

Love you all so much! Enjoy the Thanksgiving season.
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment