Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 21, 2015

Transfers already and I am going back to Fountainebleau South. I am training... so my baby will kill me, which should be fun. ALSO SISTER MORROW IS TRAINING so I will be a grandma. We are both transfer training, kinda funny. She is strong and will do amazing things.

The area is doing well and this week we put in a lot of work so that whoever takes over will have a busy week 1. We knocked multiple hours each day, used the ward's reactivation list, had solid member referrals, and did our best to use the Lord's time wisely. We have been praying the 3 weeks that I was here to find a family of 4 and then we found 2 potentials. Exciting times!

ETHER 4:12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

I have been thinking a lot about how my language/attitude have changed on my mission and how I look at miracles. I am realizing that God really is in the details of our lives and every blessing, challenge, learning opportunity comes from him. Miracles still exist. This scripture reminds me that miracles are ours; the only thing that impedes us from them is our unbelief. 

We have been knocking lots had a miracle lesson last night with the first door we knocked... that hardly ever happens! We introduced ourselves as representatives of our Savior, Jesus Christ and she let us right in. We taught the restoration on the spot and she was asking what she needed to do in order to be baptized. She also inquired about our activities outside of Sunday service, which is super refreshing because most people want a convenient church where they can get by with the bare minimum. I am anxious to hear in the coming weeks how she progresses. Crazy it is already time to have transfers. Tomorrow will be my last transfer meeting as a normal missionary... the next time I go will be when I go to fly home... Really sad and I did not think it would be this hard. Just motivates me to work extra hard. My greenie and I will be working our guts out for these next 12 weeks. 

All my love,
Hermana McCormick


No comments:

Post a Comment