Sunday, August 31, 2014

Transfers came, my companion completed her mission and went home, and now I am in Hollywood, FL.!
 
OKAY so my companions are Sisters Weiland and Gardner. Sister W is a visa waiter, going to Brasil tomorrow! And Sister G is from Utah. She reminds me of Amanda Stephenson, so needless to say it is a good time. Love her.
 
I am in an English ward... boooo... but I am needed here and I am loving it. I LOVE it when I see a bienvenidos welcome mat. You bet I knock til they answer so I can use my Spanish. Exciting thing, my Spanish is better than I thought. I taught two Cubans the other day and understood it all. I am amazed and humbled that I have been able to communicate when I really need to. 
 
So I live with Sisters Jackson and Coates. Love those girls to death. SISTER JACKSON IS ALLY and has gotten me way homesick. She is a blonde babe from CA who swam and played polo in high school!! She walks just like Al and is super tan and cute and goofy. I love her. I am incredibly, incredibly grateful for my time with the Sister Trainer Leaders (my roommates in Miami). They taught me to be bold, exactly obedient, and happy. 
 
I MISS MY TREADMILL, but Sisters G and Jackson take turns running with me and I run like m would run with her comps. Out and back and out and back. I think for Christmas I will ask for a watch that can track my mileage and my times because these runs are only like 2.5 miles.
 
I saw Elder Swensen at transfer meeting and it was awesome! He is doing so well. You can tell that he is a great missionary.
 
DAD your letter was so nice. I got it on transfer day and it was just what I needed. Definitely helped me combat homesickness. To answer your question, I love anything from TJ, but I love steel cut oats, their gluten free oatmeal is good, too, (big blue bag) and also their dried mango and coconut cashews are good. Basically any healthy snacks because they save me. I love Think Thin bars. I love Lara bars too but they have a lot of sugar. I like bars with around 10g sugar since 30g/day is max. OH and quinoa is the best! Healthier than rice and I make some and steam veggies for lunch and an egg and it is the best.
 
This weekend we found so many amazing people! I love the people here. They are so humble and receptive. We have tons of return appointments today. We also have a Haitian family getting baptized next week. N. has 6 kids and is so spiritual and sweet. Her kids are hilarious and crazy. Teaching them is always a good time.
 
I love teaching. I love feeling my testimony. I love feeling the spirit when I speak of eternal truths. I love my calling as a missionary and being an instrument in the Lord's hands. I love growing each day and pushing myself to be better. This time on my mission really is so short and special. I am in awe that my Heavenly Father would give me this gift.
 
I hope that school and work is all going well. I cannot believe that Al is on her way back to BYU... time is flying.
 
P.S. I love photos! They really motivate me.
 
I LOVE YOU FAMILY
I LOVE THE GOSPEL
You are too good to me.
xoxo
Hermana McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment